Equipment & Facilities
Our facility includes fully equipped, integrated laboratories to develop and test durable, lightweight, corrosion-resistant material solutions for a wide variety of industries including, among many, offshore wind energy, civil infrastructure, and electrical utilities. We offer expertise in large-scale and coupon-level instrumentation and testing, composites manufacturing and analysis, and finite element analysis.
Please follow the links below to learn more about our key services or laboratories.
- Alfond Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory for Structural Thermoplastics
- Alfond W2 Ocean Engineering Lab
- Offshore Wind Lab
- Structural Testing Lab
- Wood Composites Pilot Line
- Environmental Testing Lab
- Kenway Composite Materials Lab
- Materials Characterization Lab
- Materials Manufacturing Science Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Nanocomposites Processing and Analytical Laboratory
- Polymer and Interface Science Lab
- Thermoplastic Composite Extrusion Lab
Map of our labs
Offshore Wind Laboratory
Evaluate blades, towers, foundation components, or other structures up to 230 feet (70 m) in length.
Alfond W2 Ocean Engineering Lab
1:50-scale offshore model testing facility equipped with a high-performance rotating wind machine over a multidirectional wave basin
Structural Testing Laboratory
ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory with nearly 20 years of testing experience meeting industry standards from coupon-scale to full-scale