Equipment & Facilities
Our facility includes fully equipped, integrated laboratories to develop and test durable, lightweight, corrosion-resistant material solutions for a wide variety of industries. These industries include offshore wind energy, civil infrastructure, and electrical utilities. We offer expertise in large-scale and coupon-level instrumentation and testing, composites manufacturing and analysis, and finite element analysis.
Please follow the links below to learn more about our key services or laboratories.
- Alfond Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory for Structural Thermoplastics
- Alfond W2 Ocean Engineering Lab
- Offshore Wind Lab
- Structural Testing Lab
- Wood Composites Pilot Line
- Environmental Testing Lab
- Kenway Composite Materials Lab
- Materials Characterization Lab
- Materials Manufacturing Science Lab
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Nanocomposites Processing and Analytical Laboratory
- Polymer and Interface Science Lab
- Thermoplastic Composite Extrusion Lab
Offshore Wind Laboratory
Evaluate blades, towers, foundation components, or other structures up to 230 feet (70 m) in length.
Alfond W2 Ocean Engineering Lab
1:50-scale offshore model testing facility equipped with a high-performance rotating wind machine over a multidirectional wave basin
Structural Testing Laboratory
ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory with nearly 20 years of testing experience meeting industry standards from coupon-scale to full-scale